UNC Greensboro, Indiana, Alabama and TCU are the No. 1 seeds for the 32-team National Invitation Tournament.
UNC Greensboro (28-6) was hoping to give the Southern Conference its first at-large NCAA Tournament bid and appeared to be in the field until Oregon upset Washington for the Pac-12 title on Saturday night.
The Spartans, who open the NIT against Campbell, lost to Wofford for the third time in the championship game of the league tournament. Greensboro's other losses this season were a six-point setback at LSU, a 17-point loss at Kentucky and a conference loss at Furman.
Among the second seeds is North Carolina State of the Atlantic Coast Conference, which was disappointed at being snubbed by the NCAA Tournament despite a strong resume. The Wolfpack meets Hofstra of the Colonial on Tuesday.
- Alabama gets #1 seed in NIT Tournament
- Alabama softball earns 8th seed in NCAA Tournament
- Alabama gets upset in round one of NIT
- Auburn seeded fifth in the 2019 NCAA Tournament
- Defending champ Florida selected as top seed for NCAA baseball tournament
- UAH vying for WCHA playoff seeding
- Frosh star Sexton leads No. 9 seed Alabama against Va. Tech
- Regional Tournament Wrap Up
- Havoc battling for playoff seeding in season finale
- North Alabama teams perfect in Day Two of AHSAA State basketball tournament