UPDATE: Underwood was reported safe around 12:30 p.m. Friday, according to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency.
Authorities in the Birmingham area are looking for an elderly man who was reported missing Thursday afternoon.
William Avington Underwood, 70, was last seen walking from the Walmart on Academy Drive in Bessemer around 2:30 p.m. Thursday, authorities said. Bessemer police said Underwood may be suffering from a condition that may impair his judgment.
Underwood is 5'9" and 150 pounds with blue eyes and gray hair. He was last seen wearing a red long-sleeved shirt, jeans and brown loafers.
Anyone with information about Underwood's location is asked to contact the Bessemer Police Department at 205-425-2411 or call 911.
- UPDATE: Missing Bessemer man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- Bessemer police chase suspect who stole police car
- UPDATE: Missing Fayetteville woman found
- UPDATE: Missing Florence woman found
- Florence police: 19-year-old man reported missing found safe
- Update: 23-month-old found safe, suspect captured
- I-565 shooting suspect, victim were independent contractors with Bessemer-based cleaning company
- Columbia reflects on season after loss to Bessemer City in region semis