The Rocket City Classic is back and so are the Crimson Tide.
Alabama Men's Basketball returns to the court tomorrow night after a 10 day hiatus.
This afternoon they hit the hardwood in preperation for Mercer tomorrowat the Von Braun Center in Propst Arena with an 8pm tip off.
Head Coach Avery Johnson may have to start paying rent here in Huntsville with this being his second trip to the Rocket City in the last four days. Calling Huntsville a big recruiting ground for the tide, and it makes sense as this is where he found freshman shooting guard and Jemison High Alum John Petty.
Petty, a two time Mr. Basketball and three time state champ during his high school career. He now returns to his old stomping grounds to play in the Rocket City Classic for the first time.
Alabama is 8-3, coming off a tough loss to Arizona, with sophomore standout Braxton Key back in the lineup for tomorrow's matchup. This will be the first game for Key of the season due to meniscus surgery during the off season.
The University of Alabama Huntsville will take on Shorter at 5:15pm, an in conference and home game for the chargers.
The crowd is expected to play a key factor tomorrow night as for the second year in a row it is sold out.
- Alabama arrives for the Rocket City Classic
- Almost time for Rocket City Classic
- Local players take part in 2018 Rocket City Classic
- Don't miss your chance to see The Rocket City Classic
- Rocket City Classic Coming Up, Who's Playing At The VBC?
- Under two weeks away from Rocket City Classic
- Local Charger players weigh in on Rocket City Classic
- Mark Russell from Huntsville Sports Commission talks Rocket City Classic
- Rocket City Fair announced
- Auburn, Alabama set for Capital City Classic