Walmart associates in Alabama are receiving more than $12 million in cash bonuses.
Thursday, more than 890,000 Walmart employees received a share of more than $560 million total cash bonuses.
These bonuses include:
-More than $160 million in cash bonuses on their stores' Q4 performance
-More than $400 million in one-time cash bonuses tied to recent changes in tax law
-Alabama Walmart employees receive approximately $12.9 million in combined bonuses.
Back in January Walmart announced plans to increase the starting wage to $11, expand maternity and parental leave benefits, and provide a one-time cash bonus for eligible employees of up to $1,000.
According to Dunn & Bradstreet Walmarts in Alabama spent $1.1 billion with local suppliers, paid more than $92.1 million in taxes and collected more the $684 million in 2017 sales taxes.
- Alabama Walmart employees receive more than $12 million in cash bonuses
- Alabama's Nate Oats receives $2.45 million deal
- Walmart is raising its minimum wage and handing out tax cut bonuses
- Walmart is changing its sick leave policy, and will pay bonuses for good attendance
- Alabama community health centers receive $4 million in federal funding
- Alabama to receive $2 million in Uber settlement
- Monrovia Middle School receives STEM kit, cash donation
- Walmarts in the Huntsville area receive new innovations
- Farm Bill could create cash crop for Alabama: industrialized hemp
- Huntsville Airport to receive $29.1 million grant