According to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, a state trooper with the Opelika Highway Patrol Post, Sergeant Robert Burroughs, was injured after an EF-4 tornado ripped through the southeastern part of the state on Sunday, March 3.
Officials say Burroughs is in the Intensive Care Unit at the East Alabama Medical Center in Opelika. His wife, Sandi, sustained minor injuries.
The tornado destroyed Burroughs' home.
- Alabama State Trooper injured by EF-4 tornado that ripped through Lee County
- Alabama State Trooper remains in intensive care after EF-4 tornado hit Lee County
- Volunteers working to help survivors after EF-4 tornado ripped through Lee County
- Woman remembers family members killed in Lee County by EF-4 tornado
- Two North Alabama men helping Lee County tornado survivors recover
- Lee County tornado destruction in photos, videos
- Lee County tornado survivor shares his story
- Schools closed after tornadoes in Lee County
- Madison County groups giving help to Lee County tornado victims
- Together For Alabama, WAAY 31 unite to help Lee County tornado victims