ABC 33/40 in Birmingham caught up with Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey Friday.
They asked her for a response to talk that the new abortion bill could prevent people from seeking employment in Alabama.
“Well they just need to come to Alabama and see Alabama for what it is,” Ivey said. “Alabama is wide open for business. We've got a healthy business climate and an unparalleled workforce. There are a lot of reasons to do business in Alabama.”
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey comments on talk abortion law will impact economy
- Will Gov. Kay Ivey sign Alabama’s abortion ban bill?
- Read: Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey's inaugural speech
- Governor Kay Ivey signs Alabama’s abortion ban into law
- Gov. Ivey: Businesses won't leave Alabama over abortion law
- Gov. Kay Ivey dismisses health record issue
- Gov. Kay Ivey responds to gay accusations
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signs chemical castration bill
- Kay Ivey elected Governor of Alabama
- Read: Governor Kay Ivey's Rebuild Alabama bill