MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - The theme for Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey inauguration will be "Keep Alabama Growing."
Ivey and other constitutional office holders will be sworn into office on Jan. 14. Ivey's inaugural committee announced the theme for the ceremony.
Ivey inaugural committee co-chairs Jimmy Rane and Cathy Randall say the theme underscores Alabama's campaign promises on job growth and education.
Ivey, who had been the state's lieutenant governor, became governor last year when then-Gov. Robert Bentley resigned. She won the office in her own right in November after defeating challenger Walt Maddox.
The committee said inauguration details will be announced at www.iveyinaugural.com.
- Alabama Gov. Ivey announces inauguration theme
- Read: Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey's inaugural speech
- Alabama inauguration festivities begin for Ivey
- Alabama Gov. Ivey appoints new communications director
- Gov. Kay Ivey set to announce infrastructure plan
- Alabama Gov. Ivey extends fundraising lead over Maddox
- Will Gov. Kay Ivey sign Alabama’s abortion ban bill?
- Gov. Ivey signs legislation expanding Alabama's broadband services
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey signs chemical castration bill
- Gov. Ivey: Businesses won't leave Alabama over abortion law