MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - The theme for Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey inauguration will be "Keep Alabama Growing."
Ivey and other constitutional office holders will be sworn into office on Jan. 14. Ivey's inaugural committee announced the theme for the ceremony.
Ivey inaugural committee co-chairs Jimmy Rane and Cathy Randall say the theme underscores Alabama's campaign promises on job growth and education.
Ivey, who had been the state's lieutenant governor, became governor last year when then-Gov. Robert Bentley resigned. She won the office in her own right in November after defeating challenger Walt Maddox.
The committee said inauguration details will be announced at www.iveyinaugural.com.
- Alabama Gov. Ivey announces inauguration theme
- Read: Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey's inaugural speech
- Alabama inauguration festivities begin for Ivey
- Gov. Kay Ivey set to announce infrastructure plan
- Alabama Gov. Ivey extends fundraising lead over Maddox
- Ivey announces school safety program
- Gov. Ivey signs ethics exemption into law
- Gov. Kay Ivey dismisses health record issue
- Gov. Kay Ivey responds to gay accusations
- Kay Ivey announces death of Alabama's first dog, Bear