Scary moments in the College Football Playoff National Championship as freshman defensive back Kyriq McDonald collapsed on the sideline during the second half.
McDonald appeared alert as ESPN's broadcast showed McDonald sitting up on a stretcher with his eyes open.
Scary situation in Atlanta: Alabama DB Kyriq McDonald has collapsed on the sideline. A stretcher is out. pic.twitter.com/YDy0bfs6pu
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) January 9, 2018
The freshman is from Madison, Alabama and played high school football at James Clemens. He has not seen any action so far this season.
SEC Country Alabama beat writer Marq Burnett reports he spoke with McDonald who says he is fine now.
- Alabama DB Kyriq McDonald collapses on sideline during championship game
- Alabama rolls into Championship Game
- DB's, young receivers shine in Auburn's first scrimmage
- President Trump to join Alabama radio broadcast during championship game
- Alabama’s Jalen Hurts honored before National Championship game
- Teenage football player collapses at game, later dies
- National Championship Game brings big business
- All Access Alabama: Rollin' to the Championship
- Trump hails championship Alabama football team
- Deadly bridge collapse in Italy