Defending national champion Alabama is a unanimous No. 1 in the preseason coaches' poll, with Clemson No. 2 and Ohio State No. 3.
The Crimson Tide received 61 one first-place votes from a panel of major-college coaches in the poll released Thursday. The Associated Press media poll will be released Aug. 20.
Alabama won its fifth national championship under coach Nick Saban last season, beating Georgia in overtime of the College Football Playoff national title game. The Bulldogs were ranked fourth by the coaches and Oklahoma was fifth.
Rounding out the top 10 were Washington, Wisconsin, Miami, Penn State and Auburn.
More AP college football: https://collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State top preseason coaches' poll
- No. 1 Alabama tops preseason Top 25; Clemson, Georgia next
- Tide look ahead to Clemson
- Clemson honored at White House
- Alabama makes playoffs, gets matched with Clemson in semi finals
- Clemson rolls over the Crimson Tide
- 2019 Preseason Top 25 College Football Rankings released
- Alabama loses another assistant coach
- Clemson blowout draws lowest TV ratings for CFP title game
- Alabama A&M football coach not returning