The Alabama Bureau of Investigation is looking into a shooting on Saturday, November 3 around the Caddo community of Lawrence County that involved a law enforcement officer.
A state trooper was helping the Moulton Police to apprehend a suspect when the trooper thought his life was in danger and fired a shot. The suspect has not been apprehended, and no further information is available from the Alabama Bureau of Investigation.
According to Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter, the suspect is 29-year-old John Kaleb Gillespie. He goes by Kaleb and is from Decatur. Police have issued warrants for his arrest for trafficking meth and attempted murder on a state trooper. Other charges are pending. McWhorter said the U.S. Marshals are helping find Gillespie.
- Alabama Bureau of Investigation looking into officer-involved shooting
- State Bureau of Investigation to investigate deadly shooting involving Limestone County deputies
- Investigation underway after officer involved shooting
- St. Florian officer involved shooting under investigation
- State Bureau of Investigation takes over probe after officers shoot, kill Marshall County suspect
- Huntsville police investigating chase, UAH officer-involved shooting
- Limestone County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting involving deputies
- State Bureau of Investigation agents search suspect's truck after Jackson County Courthouse shooting
- U.S. Census Bureau hiring for temporary positions
- HPD officer involved in wreck