Decatur High School is celebrating Alabama's Bicentennial.
Students gathered in the auditorium Friday morning to learn about Alabama's history and future. They heard from historians, state lawmakers and the governor's bicentennial committee.
Senator Arthur Orr encouraged students to stay in Alabama and join the workforce here, because the state needs them to help build the future.
Alabama's bicentennial celebrations wrap up on Dec. 14 with a grand finale in Montgomery.
- Alabama Bicentennial celebrated at Decatur High School
- New mobile app celebrates Alabama's bicentennial
- 200 schools selected as official Alabama Bicentennial Schools
- Local festivities kick off in honor of Alabama's bicentennial year
- Decatur High School principal named Arab City Schools superintendent
- Grissom High School Band celebrates 50th anniversary
- Construction update on new high schools in Decatur
- Two Decatur high schools may become public storm shelters
- Suspect arrested for firing shots at Decatur High School
- Local flag maker: AL bicentennial flag made in China