FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) - Jordan Bentley accounted for three touchdowns as Alabama A&M scored all its points in the second half to rally past North Alabama 31-24 Saturday night, beating the Jaguars for the first time since 1987.
North Alabama (1-2) led 18-0 after a half, but was held to a pair of Joe Gurley field goals after that along with two punts and a fumble.
Alabama A&M put together three Bentley touchdowns in the third quarter, including runs of 6 and 3 yards. Bentley also caught an 18-yard scoring pass from Aqeel Glass to tie the game at 21-21 as the quarter ended. He racked up 126 yards rushing and 37 more receiving.
Glass, 18-34-186 yards, opened the final period with a 23-yard TD play to Anthony Howard.
It was the Bulldogs (2-1) snapped a nine-game North Alabama win streak in the series.
Christian Lopez threw for 247 yards for North Alabama, but was sacked four times. Terence Humphrey rushed for 123 yards and a touchdown.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
9/14/2019 10:20:33 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Alabama A&M comes back in a classic against UNA
- UNA wants loud crowd Saturday for Alabama A&M
- UNA hosts Alabama A&M for the first time since 1996
- Alabama A&M Signing Day Recap
- Alabama A&M football coach not returning
- Alabama A&M University celebrates new scoreboard
- Alabama A&M releases statement regarding NCAA announcement
- Alabama A&M hires new men's basketball coach
- Ariana Powe signs with Alabama A&M
- Alabama A&M University renovates 63-year-old dorm