Update: Lt. Michael Johnson with Huntsville police says the department has pulled off the call regarding the package located near the gym. He says the bomb squad responded and determined it was not a threat.
According to Johnson, it appears to belong to someone on campus and was left behind.
Alabama A&M University says its gymnasium was evacuated around 12:15 p.m. after officials were alerted of a suspicious package there.
Students received an alert saying to avoid the area, which is near a residential hall. Huntsville police responded to the scene.
- Huntsville police: ‘Suspicious package’ found near Alabama A&M gymnasium is not a threat
- Huntsville police: Suspicious package at U.S. Army Engineering and Support Center not a threat
- Arrest made in connection to suspicious packages
- Alabama A&M Signing Day Recap
- All clear given after Huntsville police investigate suspicious package at UAH
- Alabama A&M football coach not returning
- Alabama A&M University celebrates new scoreboard
- Alabama A&M releases statement regarding NCAA announcement
- Alabama A&M hires new men's basketball coach
- Ariana Powe signs with Alabama A&M