A 3-year-old boy has been hospitalized in Alabama after police say he was beaten and burned by his mother's boyfriend after the child accidentally used the bathroom on himself.
The Selma Times-Journal reports 29-year-old Rakeem J. Harris is charged with aggravated child abuse and second-degree assault. Selma Police Chief Spencer Collier says Harris was released on a $100,000 bond after turning himself in to police.
It was not immediately clear whether Harris is represented by an attorney. Collier says Harris denies burning the boy.
The boy's mother told police the beating happened Wednesday. But Collier says reports indicate that the injuries happened Tuesday and the child did not receive medical treatment until Thursday.
- Man charged with beating his girlfriend's 3-year-old son
- Registered sex offender charged with beating girlfriend
- Alabama man charged in killing of girlfriend's baby son
- Crossville man charged for murdering his girlfriend
- Athens man charged with breaking bones in girlfriend's face, hand
- Ardmore father charged in abuse of 3-year-old daughter
- Charges announced for Limestone County vehicle pursuit suspect, girlfriend
- Florence police: 2 charged in separate choking attacks on girlfriends
- Utah man charged with murder after allegedly spiking girlfriend’s drink with meth
- Georgia man charged with capital murder of girlfriend is heading to court