MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - Airbus says it will fulfill two new aircraft orders at an expanding manufacturing operation on the U.S. Gulf Coast.
The European aircraft maker said Thursday that 120 passenger aircraft ordered by JetBlue Airways and the start-up airline Moxy will be built in a new factory near the company's existing plant in Mobile, Alabama.
The company says construction on the plant will begin later this month.
JetBlue and Moxy each ordered 60 of the A220-300 aircraft manufactured by Airbus. The plant will be located beside a factory where Airbus already produces the A320 aircraft in Mobile.
Airbus produced its first airplane on the Alabama coast in 2016. The new A220 line in Alabama is in addition to one the company is opening in Mirabel, Canada.
- Airbus to build additional aircraft near Mobile
- Airbus to build new assembly facility in Mobile
- Aircraft carrying 3 people from Mobile has crashed in southern Illinois
- Iran shoots down US drone aircraft
- Organization builds mobility carts for those without limbs
- Jackson County man killed in ultralight aircraft crash
- Two bodies recovered from crashed US military aircraft in Afghanistan
- Skating in the Park extended additional weekend
- Mobile police officer shot & killed
- Mobile Police Officer shot and killed