Two men already facing capital murder charges for the murder of a 13-year-old Huntsville girl are now facing charges for a second death that authorities believe is the girl's grandmother.
Yoni Aguilar, 26, and Israel Gonzalez Palomino, 34, are now both charged with capital murder of two or more people.
The men had already been jailed for the murder of Mariah Lopez, 13. Her body was found in a woodline on Lemley Drive June 7.
The new charges link them to a second body found in Owens Cross Roads a week later, about two miles from where Lopez's body was found. A positive identification has not been made, but authorities have said they believe it is Lopez's grandmother, Oralia Mendoza, 49.
The Madison County Sheriff's Office is investigating the murders. A motive for the killings has not been released.
- Additional charge filed against men jailed for 13-year-old's murder
- Man charged with Gunterville triple murder faces additional charges
- Two men arrested for capital murder in death of 13-year-old girl
- Two men charged in Joy Circle murder
- Additional school counselors at Elkmont High School after murders
- Husband charged in murder of former Madison County Jail nurse
- Two men jailed in meth trafficking investigation
- Convicted murder mistakenly released from jail
- Two Florence men arrested in murder case
- No charges filed against Jemison High teacher