Actor Verne Troyer, most famous for his role as 'Mini-Me' in the Austin Powers films, died at the age of 42.
His death was announced on Saturday afternoon in an official statement on his official Facebook page. A cause of death was not given.
“Over the years he’s struggled and won, struggled and won, struggled and fought some more, but unfortunately this time was too much,” the statement said. “Depression and suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone for help.”
Troyer was one of the shortest people in the world, standing at just two feet, eight inches.
- Actor Verne Troyer dies at age 42
- Academy Award-nominated actor Albert Finney dies at age 82
- 42 new Pre-K classes funded for North Alabama
- Play-by-play: Alabama beats Duke 42 to 3
- Legendary sportscaster Keith Jackson dies at age 89
- Saints, Pelicans owner Tom Benson dies at age 90
- Fort Payne police find 42 grams of cocaine after motorcycle chase
- Hurricane-force gusts will fuel one California fire while another blaze leaves 42 people dead
- A 100-year-old bridge collapsed under a trailer carrying 42 tons of beans
- Rip Torn, actor best known for 'Men in Black' and 'The Larry Sanders Show,' dies at 88