According to Hartselle Mayor Randy Garrison, Lieutenant Justin Barley was appointed acting police chief Tuesday night by the Hartselle City Council.
Barley has been with the department since 1999 and will become acting chief on December 31, 2018. The current chief, Ron Puckett, has resigned to become the Morgan County Sheriff in January.
Mayor Garrison said the council just appointed Barley acting chief for now, but no long term decision has been made yet. He was one of only two internal candidates that were considered for the position.
- Acting police chief appointed in Hartselle
- Hartselle police searching for forgery suspect
- Hartselle police make drug, fake check arrests
- Hartselle police charge woman in Walmart theft
- Hartselle police looking for catalytic converter thief
- Court challenge to be filed over appointment of acting AG
- A Hartselle man is missing
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth
- 2 hurt in Hartselle crash
- Interim Chief School Financial Officer appointed for Huntsville City Schools