According to Hartselle Mayor Randy Garrison, Lieutenant Justin Barley was appointed acting police chief Tuesday night by the Hartselle City Council.
Barley has been with the department since 1999 and will become acting chief on December 31, 2018. The current chief, Ron Puckett, has resigned to become the Morgan County Sheriff in January.
Mayor Garrison said the council just appointed Barley acting chief for now, but no long term decision has been made yet. He was one of only two internal candidates that were considered for the position.
- Acting police chief appointed in Hartselle
- Hartselle police searching for forgery suspect
- A Hartselle man is missing
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth
- Court challenge to be filed over appointment of acting AG
- Police: Hartselle woman gives birth to child on cocaine
- Motorcycle wreck leads to Hartselle meth bust, police say
- Hartselle Police investigate auto burglaries, gun thefts near Hunter Lane
- Hartselle police ask public to help identify Walmart theft suspect
- Hartselle police, fire respond to structure blaze, explosion