Lawrenceburg Police are extraditing the man accused of raping a baby boy. Lawrenceburg officers will take Simon Dean Porter back to Tennessee to face charges of raping a 16-month-old boy.
Sunday, Porter was taken to the Scottsboro jail when someone spotted him walking along Highway 79 near Skyline. He was on his way to Huntsville.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation put Porter on its 10 Most Wanted List after he left the Lawrenceburg area. Investigators say the alleged rape of the infant happened on November 10th. The baby was taken to Vanderbilt’s children’s hospital and they notified police. They say the baby suffered damage that will last his whole life.
Porter's bond is set at $1,000,000 and a court appearance is set for him on December 6th. He is now being held at the Lawrence County Jail in Tennessee.
- Accused Lawrenceburg baby rapist arrested and jailed in Scottsboro
- Funeral arrangements for Lawrenceburg firefighter
- Shoals fire departments extend help to Lawrenceburg
- Lawrenceburg UT boxer dies during tournament
- Fallen Lawrenceburg firefighter's wife gives birth
- Police: murder suspect kills himself in Lawrenceburg
- Woman arrested in Scottsboro hotel
- LIVE: Funeral for Lawrenceburg firefighter to be held today
- Scottsboro judge submits resignation
- Earthquake reported near Scottsboro