The trial for the accused Craigslist cat killer is slated to start this week.
Prosecutors say the man tortured and killed kittens in his so-called “cat room” because he was angry at the world.
The trial for Ronald Golden could start as early as tomorrow. That's according to district attorney Brian Jones. But, the start of the trial depends on results from a hearing tomorrow morning. That hearing will be on a motion to suppress Golden's statements he made to police after his 2013 arrest.
Golden pleaded not guilty to 22 counts of felony animal cruelty. He's free on bond. But, he faces one to ten years in prison on each count.
- Accused Craigslist cat killer slated to face trial this week
- Huntsville man robbed during Craigslist purchase meet
- Auburn learns designations for 2020 SEC slate
- Man accused of force-feeding meth to his cat
- Accused kitten killer decalared not guilty by mental disease
- Inside the Madison County standoff with an accused killer
- I-Team: Accused Guntersville killer left Birmingham homeless shelter
- Investigators: accused killer planned to break out of jail
- New hotel slated to open in Downtown Huntsville