PINSON, Ala. (AP) - An accidental shooting in Alabama has left an 11-year-old child with minor injuries.
A Jefferson County Sheriff's Office statement says the shooting happened around 12:10 a.m. Thursday in Pinson.
Authorities tell news outlets that a family member had a weapon in a case. When the case fell to the ground, the firearm inside of it discharged and struck the child in the arm. The statement says the evidence is consistent with an accidental discharge.
The child was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
- Accidental shooting leaves Alabama child with minor injuries
- Accidental shooting in Toney leaves neighbors worried
- Minor injuries reported in Shields Road wreck
- Minor injuries reported in Madison County crash
- Child dies in accidental shooting at Moulton home
- Police won't file charges in child's accidental shooting death
- Twin accidentally shoots 10-year-old sister
- Juvenile accidentally shoots man in Dekalb County
- Alabama House votes to ban smoking in cars carrying minors
- State appeals abortion ruling for minors in Alabama