The army has selected a new director for its Aviation and Missile Research, Development and Engineering Center at Redstone Arsenal.
Juanita Harris will take over as the center director Nov. 26, according to an Army news release.
"I am truly honored and humbled to have been selected as the new executive director for AMRDEC," Harris said in the release. "I have a true passion for the Army and its mission. Being selected to serve as the AMRDEC director allows us to move forward strategically in meeting the needs of the Aviation and Missile Research & Development technology support to the Army."
Harris was previously AMRDEC's director of the Weapons Development and Integration Directorate, which provides the Army with expertise in weapon system design, development, improvement and integration.
Harris has a computer engineering degree from the University of Illinois. She got her master of science in computer resources and information systems management from Webster University, and a doctorate of management in organizational leadership from the University of Phoenix.
Harris started at AMRDEC as the deputy director for the Aviation Development Directorate. She was promoted to director of the Weapons Development and Integration Directorate in February 2015.
The previous AMRDEC director, James Lackey, left to take a job in the private sector earlier this year.
- AMRDEC at Redstone Arsenal gets new director
- Redstone Arsenal quiet on government shutdown impacts
- Secretary of the Army visits Redstone Arsenal
- Solar power project operational at Redstone Arsenal
- Death investigation underway at Redstone Arsenal
- Vehicle crashes through fence onto Redstone Arsenal
- Joint land use study gathers opinions about Redstone Arsenal
- Soldiers on Redstone Arsenal compete for international award
- Public weighs in on important developments involving Redstone Arsenal
- Noise advisory issued for Redstone Arsenal nighttime helicopter operations