UPDATE (7:10 a.m.):
On Friday morning, nearly 11 hour after an AMBER Alert was issued, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said 23-month-old Octavia Shaw was found safe.
Matias Martinez; Photo: @hcsotn on Twitter
TBI said in a statement that a tipster spotted Shaw and 37-year-old Matias Martinez "in the area where they disappeared [Thursday] night.
The bureau thanked the public for it's role in helping for find the pair.
An AMBER Alert has been issued by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for a 23-month-old girl, Octavia Shaw.
Officials say Octavia was last seen wearing a blue dress and was taken by Matias Martinez, a 37-year-old white male with black hair and brown eyes, after a traffic stop. They say he was last seen on foot on Boyscout Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
According to officials, there is an active warrant for kidnapping for Martinez. TBI says at this time Martinez is believed to be a family acquaintance to Octavia.
TBI says it had added Martinez to its Most Wanted list, and there is now a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to his arrest.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Octavia or Martinez is asked to contact TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office at 423-622-0022.
- Update: 23-month-old found safe, suspect captured
- UPDATE: Missing teenager found safe
- UPDATE: Missing girl near Birmingham found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Bessemer man found safe
- Franklin County kidnapping suspect captured in Mississippi
- Suspect in shooting of student is captured
- Murder suspect captured after 8-day search
- Sheffield police capture Tennessee kidnapping suspect
- UPDATE: Escaped Marion County inmate captured
- Escaped inmate captured