Photo Gallery 1 Images
Concerned Colbert County parents are calling a section of Highway 43 dangerous after a school bus crash left three kids injured earlier this week and another crash in the same area happened Wednesday.
"We got closer to my house and I told my son 'Oh no, not again another wreck,'" said Jodie Crenshaw.
Crenshaw told WAAY 31 she considers the section of U.S. Highway 43 near her home dangerous, after a tractor-trailer hit a Colbert County school bus injuring her son Tuesday. Not even 24 hours later another wreck in the same area.
"It's very dangerous. As you can see this 18-wheeler right now they just fly through here," said Crenshaw, as the tractor-trailer drove past her home.
Crenshaw said what makes this stretch of road dangerous is the trees blocking a motorist's sight in the southbound lanes.
"The trees need to be cut down because they're blocking everything," said Crenshaw.
She also believes a warning sign posted to tell motorists a school bus could be making stops would be beneficial.
WAAY 31 contacted the Alabama Department of Transportation who has jurisdiction over Highway 43. They told us they just got some school bus warning signs in and plan on installing them in the general area. They told us the signs had already been requested a few weeks ago.
State officials also tell us if the trees are on the right of way and under their jurisdiction, they will trim them back.
"I just don't want anyone else to go through this," said Crenshaw.
The Crenshaw family hopes the signs can be put up quickly.
- ALDOT: School bus warning signs planned near Colbert County wreck site
- NEW DETAILS: Three students injured in Colbert County bus wreck
- Pedestrian identified in deadly Colbert County wreck
- Colbert County deputy involved in morning wreck
- Colbert County EMA unveils triage bus
- Colbert County summer school program
- Changes coming for Colbert County school bus routes
- Colbert County Schools introduce new education foundation
- Lawrence County School bus involved in early morning wreck
- School bus involved in two-vehicle wreck in Madison County