Officials with the Alabama Department of Transportation announced that road construction and lane closures will be limited for the holidays as a safety precaution and to ease traffic congestion.
There will be no temporary lane closures on Alabama interstates from noon on December 21 until midnight on December 25 and from noon on December 28 until midnight on January 1.
The Alabama Department of Transportation urges everyone in a moving vehicle to always wear a seat belt and to designate a sober driver if you plan on drinking alcohol. ALDOT says people are nearly seven times more likely to die in a wreck when the driver that caused the crash was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
WAAY 31 has live traffic updates.
- AL Department of Transportation limits road construction for the holidays
- AL Department of Transportation limits road construction for Thanksgiving
- Alabama Department of Transportation limits road work for holiday travel
- AL Department of Transportation: Lane closures scheduled on I-65 in Limestone, Morgan counties
- AL Department of Transportation almost done installing traffic cameras in Morgan, Limestone counties
- AL Dept. of Transportation: Expect delays on I-65, AL-20 for road work
- Department of Transportation launches $5.6M campaign on railroad safety
- Huntsville releases transportation plan
- Athens City closes road for construction
- Rideout Road construction begins in Huntsville