The Alabama Department of Transportation is almost done installing 13 new traffic cameras in Morgan and Limestone counties.
Right now, all the camera poles and most of the equipment is set up. They're expected to be operational by this spring.
There are no cameras being set up in Madison County at this time, but the Department of Transportation says that is only a matter of time. The cameras will help the Huntsville Traffic Management Center monitor conditions on all state highways and roads, which will benefit all drivers.
"Us getting better information so that we can share that information with the public. You can use this to plan your route before you go and make sure you can be able to avoid any delays that are already known at that time," said Seth Burkett, a spokesperson with the Alabama Department of Transportation.
- AL Department of Transportation almost done installing traffic cameras in Morgan, Limestone counties
- AL Department of Transportation: Lane closures scheduled on I-65 in Limestone, Morgan counties
- New Traffic Cameras installed in Guntersville
- AL Department of Transportation limits road construction for Thanksgiving
- AL Department of Transportation limits road construction for the holidays
- Traffic alert: Roadwork could cause delays in Limestone, Morgan counties Monday
- Traffic Alert: Expect lane closures on I-65 in Morgan and Limestone counties
- Traffic Alert: Expect delays in Limestone, Morgan counties due to road work
- Arab police plan to install traffic cameras to reduce number of wrecks
- I-65 North lane closures expected in Morgan and Limestone counties