The New Decatur High School is just one auditorium away from completion and the New Austin High School just has some finishing touches. Both principals told WAAY that they will be ready for students next Wednesday.
The schools have classrooms that connect to one another so students don't have to go into the hallway in case of an emergency, chromebooks for every student and more.
Austin High School principal told WAAY that she's most excited for her school to have their own football stadium. "The stadium is the biggest thing-- its the first time we've had out own stadium and we don't have to play at Ogle," Dr. Scott told WAAY.
Principal Berry, from Decatur High School, told us that he spent his first day at the groundbreaking ceremony for the schools. It is now his third school year and he's excited to have the students start classes in the brand new facility.
"I don't think there's anything that we could want for that we don't have in these two schools," said Rod Lovett, Decatur High School parent, teacher, and coach.
- A look inside the two brand new Decatur City Schools
- Crossing guards needed for Decatur City Schools
- Decatur City Schools alters bus route for upcoming school year
- Decatur Police: victim shot inside vehicle at Central Parkway
- Decatur City Schools reviews name policy ahead of new stadium
- Decatur city schools respond to child abuse case
- Decatur City School teacher resigns amid sexual misconduct allegations
- Decatur City Schools in dire need of substitute teachers
- Decatur City Schools to close middle school, reconfigure its school system
- Trump brands Indiana Dem senator 'Sleepin' Joe'