Today's rain did just what we told you it would do: it moved into the Shoals and then broke up as it tracked eastward across the Tennessee Valley, leaving most areas east of the Shoals with mostly dry conditions and only spotty showers. The last of the spotty showers will finish up by 7 PM. The cold front that brought today's cloud cover and that little bit of rain will sweep through the Valley before midnight. Humidity will drop and the clouds will clear once the cold front passes you. The cooling will be minimal.
You can encounter a stray light sprinkle early this evening. It probably won't even be enough to need an umbrella. Temperatures will drop from 80s this evening to mid-to-upper 60s by sunrise Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon will warm toward 90 degrees with comfortably low humidity. Sun will be intense, so be sure you use sunscreen in abundance if you will be in the sun for long periods of time. Overall, Saturday will be a great pool day and a great day to fire up the grill!
New data indicates a small increase in moisture for Sunday. Any rain will be limited, and most of us will stay dry, but a few showers may sneak up on us on Sunday afternoon. Monday will be mainly dry, too. Heavy rain and thunder will increase on Tuesday. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will stay with us Wednesday through Friday.
- A Sunny Saturday Ahead!
- Becoming sunny & pleasant Saturday
- Chilly and sunny for Saturday
- Sunny and warmer Wednesday, severe storms Saturday
- Sunny Saturday from start to finish
- Sunny Saturday, rain returns Sunday night
- Sunny Sunday, plenty of rain chances ahead
- Gradual clearing Saturday, sunny and warmer Easter Sunday
- Partly sunny and warm Friday, storm threat late Saturday night
- Sunny, hot, and hazy