A Huntsville woman is finally getting her college degree from the University of Alabama after nearly 70 years of waiting.
87-year-old Pat Cassity will be graduating with her Bachelors of Arts in Music this Friday. Cassity was one quarter away from graduating in 1950 when she left the university to work for the air force in Alaska. She says that she immediately regretted her decision not to finish her education.
She hopes her story will inspire others to never give up on their dreams.
- 87-year-old finishes degree
- 2 arrested in shooting death of 87-year-old man in Alabama
- Warm finish to April
- Auburn to offer outdoor recreation degree
- Southside man charged with first degree theft of property
- Connecticut colleges debate revoking Bill Cosby's honorary degrees
- Pastor sentenced to 30 years for 1st degree rape
- Murder suspect convicted of manslaughter, first-degree assault
- Roseanne finishes as most watched comedy
- Rainy Periods Aren't Quite Finished Yet