The Huntsville Police Department’s DUI Task Force found a stolen vehicle and made several arrests during a safety checkpoint Saturday.
It was held from 11 p.m. Saturday to 3 a.m. Sunday on US Hwy. 431 South and Cove Commons.
During the checkpoint, officers made contact with more than 500 vehicles, said Lt. Michael Johnson, police spokesperson. During the checkpoint, officers made four DUI arrests, three misdemeanor arrests and issued more than 100 citations.
Officers also arrested a person on an operating a stolen vehicle charge from Limestone County. They found the vehicle while Limestone County Sheriff’s Office deputies were taking the report from the victim.
- 7 arrested, more than 100 cited in Huntsville police checkpoint
- Huntsville police: 8 arrested, 71 cited in safety checkpoint
- Huntsville PD arrest 8 people at DUI checkpoint
- Huntsville police DUI Task Force announces weekend safety checkpoints
- Police setting up traffic checkpoints this weekend
- Several arrests made and dozens of tickets issued in Huntsville Police checkpoint
- New Huntsville diner brings over 100 jobs
- Man goes past checkpoint, crashes into hard lava
- Atlanta airport: More than 1 hour of waiting at checkpoints
- Huntsville police arrest GameStop robbery suspect