Flowers Foods is recalling hamburger and hot dog rolls and buns because of a potential choking hazard from small pieces of hard plastic, the Georgia-based company said in a statement.
The company found small pieces of the hard plastic inside production equipment, though there haven't been any illness or injuries reported.
Some of the products were sold under the brand names of 7-Eleven, Great Value, Food Depot, Market Pantry, Natural Grain, Nature's Own, Publix and Wonder.
The recalled items were distributed in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Flowers Foods says that consumers with any of these products should immediately throw them out or return them to the point of purchase for a full refund.
- Check your pantry: Several brands of buns and rolls are recalled because of a choking hazard
- OshKosh B'gosh recalls 38,000 quilted jackets because of choking hazard
- IKEA recalls thousands of infant bibs worldwide for possible choking hazards
- Disney is recalling a 'Toy Story 4' toy because it could be a choking hazard
- Limestone County sheriff seeks honey bun bandit
- Swiss Rolls, bread recalled over salmonella concerns
- Vernado Air recalls space heaters due to fire hazards
- Polaris recalling recreational vehicle because of crash hazard
- Amazon recalls almost 400,000 space heaters for fire, burn hazards
- Another brand of inclined sleepers recalled over infant safety