Temperatures warm slightly Wednesday and a few showers and storms develop during the afternoon. An isolated shower or storm is possible before lunchtime, but rain chances are higher during the afternoon and evening. A storm or two can be on the stronger side with gusty wind, heavy rain, and lightning. The greater risk for strong storms will be focused farther to the north in Tennessee and Kentucky.
Once the storms dissipate by early Thursday, we'll be back to a very pleasant pattern. For both Thursday and Friday, we'll see a mostly sunny sky and temperatures running below average - in the upper 70s and lower 80s. Early morning lows Friday actually start in the mid 50s! The heat quickly intensifies Saturday with a high near 90 and rain increases in coverage for Father's Day into the start of next week. In total, expect as much as .75 to 1.50 inches of rain to fall over the next week.
- A few afternoon showers and storms Wednesday
- Afternoon showers and thunderstorms Wednesday
- Warmer Wednesday with few showers and storms
- Afternoon thunderstorms Wednesday
- More afternoon storms Saturday
- Another Heat Advisory Wednesday afternoon
- Scattered Storms Likely This Afternoon
- Afternoon storms and uncomfortable heat
- Dangerous heat with afternoon storms
- Isolated showers and a hot afternoon