On Monday, Madison police issued a warning to the public via Nextdoor after receiving reports from several residents who say they've gotten robo-calls soliciting monetary donations for the Police Foundation.
According to the National Police Foundation, these are not legitimate calls, and law enforcement will not use phone calls to solicit donations.
- Madison police warn public of robo-call donation scam
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls
- Decatur Utilities warns about scam calls
- Hollywood police warn public of "driveway paving scam"
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office warns about package delivery scam
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office warns of email scam
- Huntsville Police warn of a new scam
- Decatur police issue scam warnings, tips
- Jackson County Sheriff's Office warns of scam calls
- Huntsville Utilities warns of scam