Guntersville Lake HydroFest organizers have announced a partnership with Powerboat Nationals to allow two additional boat classes in the 2019 race weekend.
According to the Marshall County Convention and Visitors Bureau, Powerboat Nationals will be racing the ProTunnel1 and ProTunnel2 series, which was formerly known as Formula 2 and Formula 4 racing. H1 Unlimited will also be at the race with a series of hydros. In last summer's race weekend, these reached speeds over 150 mph.
The 2019 race will be along Sunset Drive from June 28 to June 30. Tickets become available March 1. Three-day adult passes will be $20 and three-day youth passes for children ages 6 to 12 will be $10. Children 5 and under are allowed free entry.
“The additional boat classes will fill down time and will add excitement to our already packed weekend,” said Katy Norton, the president of the Marshall County Convention and Visitors Bureau. “This is the year to purchase a pit pass because there will be two stops and four different types of racing boats to see. The pit passes will get you up close and personal with the boats, teams and drivers.”
- Guntersville Lake HydroFest organizers announce partnership with Powerboat Nationals
- Tickets go on sale next week for Hydrofest in Guntersville
- HydroFest 2018: Andrew Tate establishes a course record in Guntersville at 157.866 mph
- HydroFest racing cancelled Friday due to weather
- HydroFest Qualifying Rescheduled Due to Weather
- Local businesses gearing up for Hydrofest race in Marshall Co.
- HydroFest 2018 Video: Andrew Tate wins Southern Cup championship
- Roundabout might help Guntersville traffic
- Vigil held for Guntersville woman
- Guntersville community organizes fishing tournament to raise money for city employee who's battling cancer