Scituate, Massachusetts (WBZ) -- A Massachusetts woman was tired of packages being stolen from her apartment building. So she tried to help police catch the thief glitter-handed.
After a string of package thefts in her building lobby, Melissa Peralta ordered a spring loaded “glitter bomb” hoping to catch the suspect in action.
Friday morning, the package was stolen like Peralta hoped. She found a trail of glitter in the women’s room and contacted police.
“I knew they wouldn’t be able to resist it,” Peralta told WBZ-TV. “I wanted them to know there are consequences because they’re obviously continuing to do it.”
She said just this week, one of her neighbor’s packages worth $200 was stolen.
“I was thinking there is a sparkly person out there somewhere and I need to find them,” Peralta said.
Officers responded but were not able to discover where the trail led.
“The message inside of the glitter bomb said ‘please stop stealing our packages’ so I hope they just get the message and cut it out.
- Woman fools package thief with 'glitter bomb'
- Huntsville police looking for thief stealing packages off porches
- Suspected underwear thief arrested for stealing woman's panties
- Fact checking Trump's 'Impeach this' map
- Trader Joe's, Green Giant and Signature Farms packaged vegetables recalled due to Listeria risk
- Disney's new streaming package with Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu is just $13
- Teen killed, woman hurt when package explodes at Texas home
- Netflix may have to say goodbye to 'The Office' and 'Friends'
- Teen Fortnite World Champion Kyle 'Bugha' Giersdorf was 'swatted' during a livestream