Three suspects were arrested Wednesday after multiple vehicle thefts and a home burglary were reported in southwest Decatur during November 2018. Five vehicles were stolen around the city, and four of them have been recovered, along with property taken during the burglary.
An investigation by Decatur Police identified David Redmon, Christina Jones and David Cheeks as suspects.
According to investigators, the stolen vehicles were being sold to Freeman Kirby and taken to Kirby's Auto Parts in Trinity. Kirby was arrested by the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office for three counts of receiving stolen property in the first degree, in connection to the investigation.
Redmon was charged with five counts of theft of property in the first degree and one count of burglary in the third degree. He was booked in the Morgan County Jail with a bond set at $27,500.
Jones was charged with two counts of theft of property in the first degree and taken to the Morgan County Jail with a bond at $10,000.
Cheeks was charged with one count of theft of property in the first degree, and he was taken to the Morgan County Jail with a $5,000 bond.
- Three suspects arrested in Decatur after multiple vehicle thefts
- Huntsville Police searching for multiple theft suspects
- PHOTOS: Decatur police searching for theft suspect
- Decatur man charged with thefts in multiple cities
- Suspect arrested in Decatur murder
- Florence man arrested for multiple vehicle burglaries
- Limestone Co. investigators arrest suspect related to vehicle theft
- Memphis man arrested on theft charges in Decatur
- Juvenile arrested in connection to Decatur car thefts
- Huntsville woman arrested for $500 theft at Decatur Walmart