An official with Huntsville Utilities says there has been a large increase of phone-based utility scam calls.
The callers are identifying themselves as utility employees and are threatening customers with disconnection if payment is not readily made.
Huntsville Utilities warns customer that these calls are coming from scammers, not the company.
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls
- Some Huntsville Utilities customers getting new HVAC units
- Huntsville Police warn of a new scam
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Card skimmer scams strike Huntsville
- Huntsville Utilities lineman explains Hurricane relief efforts
- Why Athens Utilities customers could see higher power bills
- Strong winds leave 6,700 Athens utilities customers without power
- Sheffield Utility customers will see a 2.4% increase this fall
- Utility crews hit gas line in south Huntsville