An official with Huntsville Utilities says there has been a large increase of phone-based utility scam calls.
The callers are identifying themselves as utility employees and are threatening customers with disconnection if payment is not readily made.
Huntsville Utilities warns customer that these calls are coming from scammers, not the company.
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls
- Huntsville Utilities warning about new texting scam
- Some Huntsville Utilities customers getting new HVAC units
- Huntsville Police warn of a new scam
- Huntsville police: Fake employee scams customer with $4,500 sale
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Huntsville Utilities explains energy consumption
- Huntsville Utilities responding to power outage affecting more than 1,300 customers
- Card skimmer scams strike Huntsville
- Madison police warn public of robo-call donation scam