UPDATE: The code yellow has been lifted.
According to Superintendent Robby Parker, Madison City Schools are on a code yellow, or soft lock out, because police are searching for a woman who left Bradford Health Services, a substance abuse treatment facility, on foot. She is Caucasian, 5'7" and in her 30s.
The woman was last seen wearing a black and red flannel jacket, blue jeans and was barefoot. Officials are worried about her getting hypothermia due to the low temperatures. She is not court-ordered to be at the facility.
Parker said they do not feel threatened but because of the search, they wanted to take extra safety precautions. He said this code yellow means they are aware of what is happening, making sure all the doors are locked for all schools.
- UPDATE: Madison City Schools placed on code yellow while police search for woman
- Huntsville City Schools proposes dress code changes
- Madison County Schools searched by drug dogs
- Police searching for robbery suspect in Madison
- The Yellow Dot Program could save lives
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office searching for endangered missing woman
- Madison City Schools face possible rezoning
- Madison City Schools hiring part-time nurses
- Madison City Schools Superintendent holds community meeting
- Madison police arrest juvenile for school threat