David Kelley has been appointed vice chairman as a replacement after the death of R.E. Martin.
For the District 2 seat, the commission will recommend someone to the Governor's office, but the Governor will have the final say on who is appointed. This process could take a couple of months.
According to an administrative assistant with the commission, Martin served for 20 years total and he died early Wednesday morning from heart complications. People who worked alongside Martin said everyone who met him loved and respected him.
"I've gotten calls from all over the state of Alabama today, just from congressman and different people just wanting to pay their condolences, so he's a much loved man and will be dearly missed," said Rhonda Mccoy.
"He served the county well, he served his district well, he served the whole public of Marshall County well and he's going to be dearly missed," said Commission Chairman James Hutcheson.
- Replacement appointed after Marshall Co. Commissioner's death
- NASA appoints new director of Marshall Space Flight Center
- Death of Attorney General Steve Marshall's wife ruled a suicide
- Marshall County tornado shelters
- Acting police chief appointed in Hartselle
- Madison Co. Commissioners react to Sheriff's request
- Madison County Commissioners prepare for snow
- Warming Centers In Marshall County
- Al Franken replaced tomorrow in Senate
- Athens closing street for bridge replacements, more