The Madison County Sheriff's office arrested two men for capital murder in connection to the death of 13-year-old Mariah Lopez.
26-year-old Yoni Aguilar and 34-year-old Israel Gonzalez Palomino are both in the Madison County Jail without bond.
According to jail records, Aguilar and Palomino are charged with the murder of someone 14 years of age or younger.
It's unclear what their connection is to the investigation right now.
Madison County authorities said they found Lopez's body in a woodline on Lemley Drive in the Owens Cross Roads area last week. Forensic experts were able to identify the body as Lopez.
Investigators said Friday they believe that Lopez was murdered at the spot where her body was found.
Authorities are still searching for her grandmother, Oralia Mendoza, 49. She was reported as missing and police said Thursday she may be in danger.
Lopez attended school at Challenger Middle School in Huntsville.
Sheriff's office investigators said Lopez and Mendoza both knew Aguilar and Palomino, but didn't release any other details.
Additional information on the arrests is expected to be announced later.
- Two men arrested for capital murder in death of 13-year-old girl
- Additional charge filed against men jailed for 13-year-old's murder
- Father charged with capital murder in adopted girl's death
- Body found in Owens Cross Roads was 13-year-old girl
- Jury recommends death penalty in Colbert County capital murder trial
- Shoals capital murder cases moved to February
- Huntsville man charged with capital murder
- Preliminary hearings in capital murder cases delayed
- Peter Capote found guilty of capital murder
- Capital murder suspect to appear in court