A Florence man faces more than 6,500 counts of child pornography.
Jeffery Hunt, 50, faces 4,378 counts of child pornography possession and 2,169 counts of production of child pornography. Hunt is in the Lauderdale County Detention Center on a $10 million cash bond.
Florence police said they received a cybertip about Hunt. That tip, led to a search warrant being executed at Hunt's home.
The State Department of Revenue Digital Forensics found evidence Hunt was producing the material in his home. U.S. Marshals helped with his arrest.
Hunts is not allowed to be around children, use the internet or any device that will allow him to contact or look at children.
Florence police told WAAY 31, "Our message is clear. If you engage in the exploitation of children; we will seek you out, we will bring you to justice, we will protect our children."
Unlawful Possession of Child Pornography is a Class C felony, punishable by incarceration of 1 year and 1 day to 10 years in prison. Unlawful Production of Child Pornography is a Class A felony, punishable by incarceration of 10 years to life in prison.
- $10M cash bond set for Florence man charged with child porn
- Bond reduced for Florence man charged in child porn case
- Huntsville man charged with child porn possession
- Florence man charged with child abuse
- Florence man, already facing dozens of child porn charges, hit with 155 more
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Man charged with using work computer to view child porn
- Alabama man charged with child porn distribution, production