A substitute teacher for Tuscaloosa City Schools was arrested Wednesday on a charge of engaging in a sex act with a student under the age of 19.
Meta Lovely, 54, of Duncanville, turned herself in to Tuscaloosa police Wednesday morning.
Police said the relationship was reported May 2.
Lovely was jailed in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on $30,000 bond.
- Tuscaloosa teacher accused of having sexual contact with student
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Boaz Middle School teacher arrested for having sexual contact with a student
- Tuscaloosa man dies in motorcycle crash in Tuscumbia
- Mostly black fraternity says Tuscaloosa business violated civil rights
- Substitute teacher turns herself into police, accused of having sexual encounter with a student
- Former 'Teacher of the Year' in Georgia accused of sexual assault
- Man accused of sexual torture and sexual abuse
- Rolling Hills teacher claims student attacked her
- Teacher left her students $1 million