Acton Bowen, the well known Alabama pastor is attempting to have his bond lowered in Etowah county.
This comes after at least six victims have come forward accusing Bowen of sexual abuse and other sexual related crimes.
According to a report, attorneys of Bowen made an appeal to the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals to have his bond reduced again and for an Etowah County judge to be removed from a potential criminal trial.
His attorney's argued that his bond of $855,000 is unconstitutional.
The evangelist's bond was initially set at $500,000, but was raised as more victims came forward.
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office had filed two new charges of 2nd degree sodomy based on testimony it said it obtained from a fifth teenaged victim in the county.
A Jefferson County grand jury indicted Bowen on at least two of three sex charges related to testimony from a boy between 12 and 16-years-old.
Hoover Police described the boy as a family acquaintance.
According to investigators, more potential victims had been discovered in Orange Beach, Alabama and across state lines in Florida and Colorado.
According to abc3340.com Bowen is the founder of Acton Bowen Outreach Ministries.
The Etowah County resident has served as a contributor on Fox News and has been reported to have served as a spiritual mentor to Hollywood celebrities including Justin Bieber.
- Alabama pastor charged with child sex crimes wants bond reduction
- Alabama youth pastor facing new child sex charges
- Alabama children's pastor indicted on sex abuse charges
- Red Bay School assistant charged with child sex crimes
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Alabama pastor struck by lightning at church
- Bond reduced for Florence man charged in child porn case
- Alabama teacher faces sex charge involving student
- Teacher, former school board member charged with sex crimes