Photo Gallery 5 Images
A 16-year-old boy was charged Thursday in connection with the death of his mother, who was found dead in a house fire earlier this week.
Morgan County Sheriff's investigators arrested Nicholas Clay Lamons for the murder of his mother, 32-year-old Kimberly Faye Lamons.
Sheriff Ana Franklin tells WAAY 31 the suspect, who is a student at Brewer High School, is charged with first-degree criminal arson and felony murder.
Kimberly Lamons was found dead after a fire in her home at Highway 67 and Apple Grove Road in the Joppa community of Morgan County Tuesday morning.
The State Fire Marshal determined the fire was not accidental and that the fire was intentionally or recklessly set.
Fire crews from Tri-County and Rock Creek responded to the fire, and found the home engulfed in flames upon arrival.
It took roughly two hours to extinguish the fire.
Stay with WAAY 31 News for more information as this story develops.
- Brewer High School student charged with murder of mom found in house fire
- Brewer High School senior charged with selling drugs
- Brewer High students revved by Huntsville-built Toyota engines
- Ex-Alabama high school coach indicted on student sex charges
- Hartselle mom charged after newborn was found buried in backyard
- Tanner High School principal fired
- High school student fires gun into air on Mobile campus
- Sparkman High School students win big
- Body found after house fire in Athens
- Hartselle man found dead; 2 charged with murder