A Huntsville man performed sex acts on a 10-year-old girl and did drugs off of her body while performing sex acts, police said Thursday.
Darnell Eugene Lawson, 35, was arrested around 7 p.m. Wednesday. He was charged with sexual abuse of a child under 12, first-degree sodomy, three counts of pornography production with a minor and three counts of child pornography possession.
Lawson is accused of abusing a 10-year-old girl at her home. The girl's mother came home and found her daughter partially nude with Lawson in the home, Huntsville Police Deparment spokesman Lt. Michael Johnson said.
The girl told her mother that Lawson committed sex acts with her and did drugs on her during a sex act, the spokesman said. Lawson also took photos of the acts on his phone, according to police.
Lawson left the home after the mother threatened to call police, Johnson said, but he left his phone behind. He said investigators found images on the phone to corroborate the girl's story.
Lawson also had three assault charges listed in his jail booking that police said stemmed from a separate case.
According to Madison County jail records, bond had not been set on the sex charges as of Thursday morning.
- Police: Man charged with sex abuse used drugs on child's body
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Florence man charged with child abuse
- Decatur man charged with child abuse
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Athens police arrest man on sex abuse charges
- Huntsville police charge man with sexual abuse of a child
- Man arrested on rape, child sex abuse charges in Jackson County