Flames rip through Huntsville cabinet shop

Intense smoke and flames shot through the roof

Posted: Mar. 18, 2018 2:41 PM
Updated: Mar. 18, 2018 9:25 PM

Around 2 o'clock Sunday a fire broke out at Huntsville American Cabinets off Gateway Road, which is just of Hobbs.

Huntsville Fire and Rescue said there are no injuries reported and no one was in the building at the time of the fire.

One family WAAY 31 spoke with said they saw the fire as it began, and immediately called 911.

"We were coming home from the store and saw the smoke and thought maybe we should check that out," said Laura Huffstetler, who was coming back from the store with her daughter at the time of the fire.

'"We really hoped no one was in there, that would be worst case scenario."

They said they stuck around the scene to make sure first responders made it to the scene.

"We didn't want to be the bystanders who did nothing," Huffstetler said,

According to business owners -- Huntsville American Cabinets has been around since 1958 -- and employed about 30 people.They say they're devastated by the loss and are asking for prayers during this difficult time.

And for Huffstetler, she and her daughter just say they're glad everyone is okay and is hoping for the best by those who were impacted."

"I know they have families to take care of and I hope there's a way to take care of them in the interim, they're in our thoughts and prayers for sure."

Fire officials told WAAY 31 the fire is still under investigation and that the building is a total loss.

Article Comments

Huntsville
Overcast
54° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 54°
Florence
Overcast
56° wxIcon
Hi: 58° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 56°
Fayetteville
Overcast
54° wxIcon
Hi: 57° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 54°
Decatur
Overcast
53° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 53°
Scottsboro
Scattered Clouds
55° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 55°
WAAY Radar
WAAY WAAY-TV Cam
WAAY Temperatures

 

 

 

Community Events