A Boaz man sexually abused a 10-year-old girl and had dozens of images of child pornography on his phone, Etowah County authorities said Friday.
Cody Night Helton, 29, was arrested Thursday and charged with 10 counts of child porn possession and one count of child sexual abuse.
The Etowah County Sheriff's Office said the abuse began in October 2017 and was reported by a family member.
During the investigation, authorities said they found more than 250 photos of child pornography on Helton's phone.
Helton is being held in the Etowah County Detention Center on $500,000 bond.
- Boaz man facing child porn, sex abuse charges
- Convicted sex offender charged with child porn
- Huntsville man charged with child porn possession
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Madison County authorities charge man with child sex abuse
- Boaz woman charged with drugging 5-year-old
- Gadsden man charged with rape at Boaz tattoo shop
- Colbert County man pleads guilty to child porn charge
- Man charged with using work computer to view child porn
- Alabama man charged with child porn distribution, production