A woman is in the hospital after falling into a cave in Stevenson.
According to Jackson County officials, it happened Sunday off County Road 54. Officials say a group of people were exploring a cave when a 19-year-old woman fell about 40 feet.
The Jackson County Rescue Squad and the Fackler Fire Department responded, but the woman had climbed out by the time they arrived.
Officials say she was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Woman rescued after falling into cave in Jackson County
- Men rescued after falling into Jackson County corn silos
- Madison man found dead in Jackson County cave
- Risky rescue saves 4 Thai boys from cave
- Jackson County authorities searching for missing woman
- Woman killed in Jackson County rollover wreck
- Woman saved in Madison County water rescue
- Woman, dog rescued after falling through ice in Madison
- Jackson County roads heavily flooded
- Jackson County Park Campground Map