Fayetteville’s fire chief has been suspended while the city investigates allegations against the chief.
That’s according to a report from the Elk Valley Times.
Danny Travis was reportedly placed on suspension Friday for alleged misconduct.
At first, Travis is on a 24-hour paid suspension. That will be followed by a two-week suspension without pay.
City administrator scott collins reportedly confirmed the details of the suspension.
WAAY 31 News is working to independently confirm the report.
- Suspended Fayetteville fire chief retires
- Fayetteville's fire chief suspended, according to report
- People in Fayetteville react to Fire Chief's suspension
- Federal civil rights complaint filed against Fayetteville fire chief
- Downtown apartment fire displaces two Fayetteville residents
- UPDATE: Missing Fayetteville woman found
- Attempts to get copy of 911 call of Fayetteville Fire Chief using racial slurs denied
- Mayor: Fire Chief Danny Travis suspended for making inflammatory comments
- Lawrence County Sheriff's chief of staff suspended
- Fayetteville community reacts to destroyed fabric store