Albertville police are asking for the public's help as they are investigating a shooting on US 431 which may have stemmed from a road rage incident.
Investigators say the shooting happened Friday night between 6:30 and 7:30 in between the Martling Road and Railroad Avenue intersections. Police consider this area to be a heavily-traveled thoroughfare.
Now, people in the area are fearing for their safety.
"It's kind of scary, I felt like this was a safe place," said Madison Bethune, who grew up in Albertville.
Police believe the victim was traveling northbound before being struck by gunfire from people in a white SUV. One bullet was hit in the arm by the gunfire. The driver stopped at the Raceway in Guntersville before being transported to Huntsville Hospital. The person was released from the hospital.
Investigators are currently attempting to find surveillance video which may help them identify the vehicle involved in the shooting.
The Albertville Detective Division is asking anyone with information on this case to call 256-891-8274 or 256-878-1212.
- Albertville police investigate road rage shooting on US 431
- Albertville police involved in overnight shooting
- Man charged in Albertville shooting
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after wreck on Highway 431
- Person shot in Albertville
- Albertville students at Opry Mills during shooting
- Albertville Police warn of potential package thieves
- Morning wreck blocks Highway 431 in Hazel Green
- Athens police investigating shooting
- Decatur police investigating shooting